Thursday, August 4, 2011

Halfway through this short work week...

Monday was a Civic Holiday for us (Canadian holiday) so this week is a short work week.  So far, spending wise, it's been a good week.  I brought a sandwich for lunch on Tuesday and ate it, but I did also pick up an order of yam fries (under $4).  I worked from home yesterday so didn't spend any money on lunch.  We did make a small trip to Sobey's to pick up burger patties and hamburger buns for today's supper, both DH and I had a craving for hamburgers fresh off the bbq!!  I think the frivolous spending was on lotto tickets.  We spent $11.  I checked my ticket this morning, not a winner.  I've never kept track of lotto ticket purchases, but I suspect we spend close to $50 a month.  Whenever we're at the gas station, we'll pick up lotto tickets or scratch n' win tickets.  The spending definitely adds up, and we're not winning big either.  I do need to make more effort to cut back on lotto tickets.

We're taking the kids to see The Wiggles tonight.  I'm sure they are going to have a great time, not sure yet if they'll sit through the entire show though.  Tonight's challenge will be to leave the show without purchasing a Wiggles souvenir.  The last time we took the kids to a show, it was Sesame Street.  DD left with toy binoculars,  $15 and I'm not even sure where they are anymore.

We also have a birthday party to attend, but this time I'm prepared and have budgeted for the gift. Yay!  What a great feeling to know there's a party and I don't have to move things around with the budget.

I'm still brainstorming on ideas to make extra income.  I love the idea of selling handmade items on Etsy.  I just haven't really figured out what I can make that people would want to buy.

Today at work, I feel like my mind will be wandering on Etsy ideas, rather than actually work.

No comments:

Post a Comment