Saturday, January 7, 2012

No-Spend 2012 Challenge - Week 1 Recap

I must say that this week went very well.  Not only for financial goals but for health/fitness goals as well.
Here's the recap:

Current 2-week budget (til January 15th):

Food: $180.00
Used so far:  $129.49 (I do feel bad as I tried making baked spring rolls - spent $10 on ingredients and it didn't turn out very well)

Transportation: $120.00
Used so far: $0

Coffee Shop: $0
Used so far: $0 (although I've only been back to work for 2 days, but so far so good)

Lunch: I didn't put a $$ budget on this but allowed myself lunch out per week.
Used so far:  $25 (this was for a coworkers birthday)

Other:  Again I didn't put a $$ budget on this, but I'll most likely try to put a number for next week.
Used so far:  $50 (this was for eating at the mall with DH and kids last night, as well as purchasing screen protectors and cases for the kids Nintendo DS')

Health/Fitness wise:

Huge accomplishment for me, I had no hashbrowns, muffins, donuts or anything deep fried!  I used to have hashbrowns almost every morning for breakfast from the cafeteria.  Then I'd sometimes follow up with a muffin or a donut.  This entire week (with the exception of the birthday lunch) I've packed food to bring with me to work and have managed to eat what I've brought.  No running to the coffee shop!

I also worked out 3 times since Tuesday.  I'm still fighting a cold, so my energy levels haven't been at their highest but I'm trying my best.  Hoping that next week gets better.

Today we have a birthday dinner to go to.  It's at a Chinese food restaurant.  I'm allowed to have a "cheat meal" once a week, so this will be it.  I will just make sure I don't go overboard on the fried rice and noodles.

Hope everyone's first week of 2012 is going well!

1 comment:

  1. Great job for the first week!! Love saeing how well everyone did

    ReplyDelete