Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1st update of 2012

Ok, so with this being my first post of 2012, I feel like there's so much for me to write about.  Since Christmas I really haven't had the time to write a post, except for the post regarding joining the No (Low) Spending Challenge.  And how is that going?

I gotta say, it's going pretty good.  On top of this challenge, I also started a health and fitness challenge.  DH is helping me reach my health and fitness goals.  With that, I've had to run to the grocery store a few times to pick up groceries that better fit my healthier eating.  These grocery expenses will come out of the overall food budget, so I'm focusing on staying on budget.

Current 2-week budget (til January 15th):

Food: $180.00
Used so far:  $88.42

Transportation: $120.00
Used so far: $0

Coffee Shop: $0
Used so far: $0 (although I've only been back to work for 2 days, but so far so good)

My goal this week is to set up our ING sub-accounts so that we can start saving for Christmas 2012 as well as have accounts for a car maintenance/repair fund, and a new blinds fund.  I haven't figured out yet, the amounts that will be deposited and at what frequency (semi-monthly, monthly) but if I can get the accounts set up, that's the first step.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff!! :) What are your health & fitness goals? Are they posted? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete