Monday, January 9, 2012

Health & Fitness goals - first weigh-in


It’s been a week since I started eating healthier and exercising.

Here’s a summary of how the week went:

- no hashbrowns, muffins or donuts
- no coffee shop purchases
- worked out 5 times
- 2 insanity workouts completed
- increased daily water intake (up to 3 glasses a day)

So I stepped on the scale this morning and NOTHING!  It looked to me that I didn’t lose any weight.  I don’t have a digital scale though, so I can’t tell if I lost 0.4lbs or 0.6lbs.  I must admit, I’m a little frustrated as I was really hoping for some type of progress.  At first a part of me was thinking I could have eaten hashbrowns for breakfast every single morning and I’d see the same results.  But then I realized that was completely untrue.  And even though the scale didn’t show a change, DH reminded me that the change may not be in the numbers but in my body shape overall.

I’m a little bummed about the results, but still pushing forward.  Still focused on my goals and hoping that with the increased exercise/cardio, next week’s weigh in will show some progress or clothes start fitting better.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up!! Hubby is right it takes time to see the change unless of course you are a man, they say "I think I will give up fries" Then drop 10 pounds just saying the words, we ladies give up fries for a month and see no change GRRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't give up !!! your body will change so much by just exercising & remember that muscle weighs more then fat - so you may have lost 2 pounds in fat & gained 2 pounds in muscle - you will start to notice your clothes fitting differently... I hate getting on the scale ;)

    ReplyDelete