Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yakezie Challenge

Following my daily reading of fellow PF blogs, I decided to look into the Yakezie network.  What is the Yakezie Network?  And what is this challenge that I've read about on other PF blogs?  I read up on the challenge and am very excited to announce that I have joined the Yakezie Challenge!

I now need to focus on writing consistently throughout the week.  I also need to add more details to my blog and really focus on my journey to becoming debt-free.  I have been making some progress on decluttering my closet and making some extra income, although that income isn't getting applied to my debt.

This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to join in on a community garage sale.  This garage sale is a yearly event and attracts hundred of people looking for a good garage sale deal.  I loaded up my car with bins of the kids clothing, toys and things around the house that were simply taking up space.  In the 4 hours that I was there, I made $80. 

My sister was selling tickets for a friend's wedding social, so $20 of the earnings went towards the ticket payment.  The remaining $60 sat in my wallet.  We ran errands on Sunday and by the end of the weekend the $60 was now $40.  Then yesterday I picked up some crayons for the kids and my wallet now has $35 left.  I should take that $35 and put it towards my debt.  That is something that I will do today.  That will be the first step in paying extra towards my debt.  Yay!

I am making a commitment today to be more focused on tracking my expenses and income.  I will become more involved in the PF blog community and I will do my best to succeed in the Yakezie Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the challenge! You'll be amazed how quickly your blog will grow - glad to have you aboard!

    ReplyDelete