Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Family vacation?

First I gotta say that I am absolutely hooked on the song "We Are Young" by Fun.  I remember hearing this song performed on Glee, LOVED it!  Now I'm listening to it over and over again.. hehe..

Anyway, I received the details for my BFFs destination wedding.  Total cost:  approx $1500

Here are my options:
  1. Go without DH and the kids.  This is the financially responsibility option.  Although I don't know if I could go an entire week without my family.  And it doesn't feel right to be relaxing in the sun while DH and kids are at home.
  2. Go with DH and without the kids.  This would make a very nice honeymoon (we didn't really go on one after we got married)  It would still be very difficult to leave the kids for 1 week.
  3. Go with DH and the kids.  This would be our family vacation and would obviously cost us quite a bit of money, I suspect close to $5000.  This would be my choice, but it's really difficult to think of spending that money.  

IF this turned out to be a family vacation, I can at least say that no debt will be incurred by this trip.  Next year I am eligible to withdraw up to 75% of my company shares.  I would use that money to fund this trip.  Of course, that's still $5000 that could have been kept in the bank or used towards debt repayment.

And then again, there's the option of getting creative and really focusing on making some extra money this year.  I suppose the decision doesn't have to be made right away, so I'll put my thinking cap on and try to figure out how I can make this trip more affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment