Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How much for a 3rd birthday?!!

I hate to admit it, but we went overboard with J's 3rd birthday celebration this past Sunday.  We had 2 separate parties, one for friends and kids and one for family.  The first one cost me a bit more than I had expected, due to additional guests that I did not anticipate.  The second party didn't cost much but because we were doing a party earlier in the day, I had no time to cook so all the food was ordered.

I went over the birthday budget by double the set amount.  Also, this past Saturday we were invited to a birthday dinner at Red Lobster, which set us back $65.  I would consider this our family meal out for the week, but it's still much more than we normally spent.

This week work has been kicking my butt.  I've been putting in a couple hours of OT each night and J decided he wants to give me a very hard time when it comes to finishing his dinner.  On top of catching up from the extremely busy weekend, the busy work days I feel low on energy and today I missed my work out which really sucks.

I could have done a work out and put in maybe 50% effort but I decided to perhaps try to get to bed early and catch up on reading some blog posts and to even update my own blog.

I'm definitely looking forward to March and trying to get back on track.  I don't feel like I've made much progress financially, but I just need to look at the numbers again and figure out what my plan of attack is.

Can't wait for March!

No comments:

Post a Comment