Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekly Spending Recap - Nov 21 to Nov 27

The numbers are higher than I would've like and actually caught me by surprise.  I definitely need to be more aware of what we're spending our money on.

Monday, Nov 21
Gas - $47.75
Food - $14.71

Tuesday, Nov 22
Lunch - $7.83
Household supplies - $45.43

Wednesday, Nov 23
RESPs - $200.00

Thursday, Nov 24
Snacks - $6.76
Christmas Gifts - $22.38
Sushi Dinner - $48.00

Friday, Nov 25
Groceries - $51.34
Craft supplies - $19.57
Snacks - $9.25

Saturday, Nov26
Wedding social - $20

Christmas Gifts - $56.00

Sunday, Nov27
Gas - $48.02
Groceries - $55

We also spent alot of cash, I don't know the exact number, maybe $150-$200?  I didn't even keep track of our cash spending this week.  Huge fail on my part :(
I find that having and using cash makes it harder for me to track where the money's going, but I know that it's just a matter of writing the purchases down.  I need to put more effort into tracking expenses.

One success on my part this weekend is I have a meal plan for the week.  I made a turkey sausage and cheese quiche last night and that will be today's lunch.  So I need to ensure that I am not spending any more money on lunch today, or this week even.
I'm glad that I got a few more Christmas presents out of the way, but the list is still long.  I need to get more organized.  I feel like I tell myself that each and every week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment