Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Moving to the back of the bus...

As part of my attempt to save money where I can, I decided to give up my parking spot at work.  I'm very lucky as regular parking downtown is approx $140/month.  My company subsidizes the employees parking so I pay $75+tax/month.  Lucky indeed.  Of course I did wait for 10 years before I could get a parking spot.

So I rented out my parking spot to a co-worker and now carpool with DH.  The small issue I have is that I can only can only carpool with him the two weeks that he's working the day shift.  The other two weeks, he's working the afternoon shift, so although he can drive me to work in the mornings I will still need to figure out how I will get home.  I'm sure I'll figure things out.  If I end up carpooling with a coworker, I may pay $30/month, but that means I'm still saving a bit.

I've been riding the bus this week and I must admit it's quite entertaining.  The bus driver and the riders, you just never know what you're going to find when you take your seat on the bus.  Yesterday, the bus driver totally ignored a man standing at a bus stop.  I also sat by a lovely lady who spoke to me about her last trip to Toronto to visit her daughter and how mild the weather was.

It's hard to believe that October is here and Christmas is less than 3 months away.  I am hoping that I can get better and watching our finances this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment