Thursday, October 13, 2011

Consistency needed and the Paper Blinds Goal

Reading back on older posts, I can see that my thoughts are all over the place and there's not much flow when reading my posts.  I should try to keep my posts focused on one or two topics to make it for an easier read.

Last night I set myself a new goal.  It was warmer than usual in my bedroom, so I went to open the window.  Before I continue I should probably rewind 4 years ago to when DH and I first moved into our house.

When we purchased our house in 2007, the house was brand new there were no window coverings.  It was a priority in the first week to order and install blinds for all the windows in our living room, dining room and kitchen.  These were identified as high priority as the windows were quite large and I really didn't want people to see right into the house when walking or driving by.  For the remaining windows in the 3 bedrooms, we decided to put up temporary paper blinds.

Fast-forward 4 years and 5 months later and those paper blinds are still up in the bedrooms.  So last night, when I went to open the window, the paper blinds, being so light were making quite a bit of noise.  The noise bothered me to the point that I had to shut the window and just accept the warmer temperature in the bedroom.

As I lay there, trying to fall asleep, I decided that my new goal would be to finally replace the temporary paper blinds.  Our five year anniversary for home ownership and moving in, is on May 1, 2012.  Before May 1, 2012 I will no longer have temporary paper blinds up in the bedrooms.

I'm not sure why I've had difficulty spending money on replacing these paper blinds.  In the past few years, we've come across extra money (income tax refunds, work bonus) that could have been used towards new blinds/curtains.  In the end, the money is spent elsewhere and the paper blinds remain.  I suppose I feel that the blinds are doing a good job, so why replace them?

A coworker of mine suggested I rip down the paper blinds and leave the windows bare, which will then make purchasing new blinds/curtain a priority.  Sounds like a good idea, but until I have enough money in the new blinds fund, I don't think I'd enjoy sleeping in a bedroom without window coverings.

Time to add a new progress bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment