Monday, April 16, 2012

Always read the fine print...

On Saturday night, I had to purchase tickets for an event DH and I were attending in a couple weeks.  I purchased the tickets via the Ticketmaster website.  Once the transaction was completed I checked my email for the email receipt and noticed that there was a second email from "eventticketprotector".  I opened the email and realized that on top of the tickets I purchased, I also purchased Ticket Insurance.  It must have been a check box that I accidentally checked off or as I suspect a check box that I failed to UNCHECK to decline the insurance.  The result?  An additional $8 per ticket, which means the original $20 tickets actually cost me $28 each.  I was not happy.  Luckily I read through the insurance policy fine print and there is an option to cancel insurance within 10 days of the ticket purchase date.  I emailed the company earlier this morning and hope to hear back from them in the next couple days telling me that my policy has been cancelled and the premiums have been refunded. 

Quite the mistake on my part to not read the fine print and to rush through an online transaction like that.  I'm glad that I caught it in time, I would not have been impressed if I saw the transaction on the credit card statement and realizing it was too late to cancel.

No comments:

Post a Comment