Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tea and cottage cheese..

That is on the breakfast menu today.

Still seem to have issues uploading pictures, but I did have a nice picture of my David's tea travel mug and my bowl of cottage cheese with strawberries.

Yesterday on the drive to work, there was alot of discussion around Lent and what individuals were giving up for 40 days and 40 nights.  I wouldn't consider myself a religious person, but I thought that it would be a good personal challenge to give up one of my daily treats as part of Lent.  And so, I decided to give up coffee.  This morning on the drive into work, I already missed my coffee, bold coffee with a splash of french vanilla creamer.  So delicious, so warming, so comforting.  The tea is doing a good job keeping me warm but I still miss my coffee.

And the cottage cheese?  For the longest time, I've wanted to eat cottage cheese, because I knew that it was a healthy food item to add to your diet, low in fat and high in protein.  In the past when I've tried eating cottage cheese, I just couldn't do it due to the texture.  I'm huge on texture when it comes to food.  If it tastes good, but has a very odd texture, I won't eat it.  So I failed in the past each and every time I tried to add cottage cheese to my diet.  And today, is day 2 of eating cottage cheese with strawberries.  Big win for me!  The texture still bothers me, but I'm trying hard to not let it bother me.

Battling a cold right now too.  I suspect I may leave work early.

No comments:

Post a Comment